Plan of a Princely Storehouse for Provisions
- v plan make plans for something "He is planning a trip with his family"
- v plan have the will and intention to carry out some action "He plans to be in graduate school next year","The rebels had planned turmoil and confusion"
- v plan make or work out a plan for; devise "They contrived to murder their boss","design a new sales strategy","plan an attack"
- v plan make a design of; plan out in systematic, often graphic form "design a better mousetrap","plan the new wing of the museum"
- n plan scale drawing of a structure "the plans for City Hall were on file"
- n plan an arrangement scheme "the awkward design of the keyboard made operation difficult","it was an excellent design for living","a plan for seating guests"
- n plan a series of steps to be carried out or goals to be accomplished "they drew up a six-step plan","they discussed plans for a new bond issue"
Additional illustrations & photos:
Plan of the Pyramid Of Unas
Plan of the Temple Of Sarbut El Khadim
PLAN OF A TRICLINIUM
PLAN OF CATACOMBS AT ROME
Plan of Fort St. Louis, 1683
Plan of the City of Quebec 1759
Showing section and plan of the chaitya
PLAN OF BATTLEFIELD OF SANNASPOST
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
Majority of brides plan their wedding for approximately 7 to 12 months
- Plan A draught or form; properly, a representation drawn on a plane, as a map or a chart; especially, a top view, as of a machine, or the representation or delineation of a horizontal section of anything, as of a building; a graphic representation; a diagram.
- Plan A method; a way of procedure; a custom. "The simple plan ,
That they should take who have the power,
And they should keep who can."
- Plan A scheme devised; a method of action or procedure expressed or described in language; a project; as, the plan of a constitution; the plan of an expedition.
"God's plans like lines pure and white unfold."
- Plan To form a delineation of; to draught; to represent, as by a diagram.
- Plan To scheme; to devise; to contrive; to form in design; as, to plan the conquest of a country. "Even in penance, planning sins anew."
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
Napoleon constructed his battle plans in a sandbox.
- n plan The representation of anything drawn on a plane, as a map or chart; specifically, the representation of a building or other structure in horizontal section, as it stands or is intended to stand on the ground, showing its extent, and the division and distribution of its area into apartments, rooms, passages, etc., or its method of construction and the relation of its parts. The raised plan of a building is the same as an elevation. A geometricul plan is one drawn to scale, or one in which the solid and vacant parts are represented in their natural proportions. A perspective plan is one the lines of which follow the rules of perspective, thus showing more distant parts smaller than they are in fact in relation to the nearer parts. The term plan may be applied to the draft or representation of any projected work on paper or on a plane surface: as, the plan of a town or city, or of a harbor or fort. See cuts under camp and canal-lock.
- n plan Disposition of parts according to a certain design.
- n plan A formulated scheme for the accomplishment of some object or the attainment of an end; the various steps which have been thought out and decided upon for the carrying out of some project or operation.
- n plan A method or process; a way; a custom.
- n plan A type of structure: as, man is the highest development of the vertebrate plan; the plan of a mollusk or an insect.
- n plan In Ireland, a system of procedure formed in 1886 and supported by the National League. The officers of the League, acting as trustees, receive the rent of tenants on rack-rented estates; this money, less a certain abatement demanded by the tenants, is offered to the landlord; if the latter refuses it, it is used for support in cases of eviction.
- n plan Plan, Scheme, Project, Design, plot. Design may represent the end which a plan, scheme, or project is intended to promote. They all indicate thought given to the general aim and to the details. Scheme is the most likely to represent something speculative or visionary : as, he was full of schemes; project stands next to it in this respect, but project may also be the most definite or concrete : as, a project for building a bridge. Plan is the least definite; design and plan may be very indefinite, or have a concrete sense : as, a design or plan of going away; a design or plan of a house. Scheme is often used in a bad sense; design sometimes.
- plan To lay down on paper the different parts, divisions, dimensions, and methods of construction of (a machine, ship, building, etc.): as, to plan an edifice.
- plan To scheme; lay plans for; devise ways and means for: as, to plan the conquest of a country; to plan one's escape.
- plan Synonyms To figure, sketch out, delineate.
Chambers's Twentieth Century Dictionary
Ekistics is the science of human settlements, including city or community planning and design.
- n Plan plan a drawing of anything on a plane or flat surface: a drawing of a building as it stands on the ground: a scheme or project for accomplishing a purpose: a contrivance: a method or custom
- v.t Plan to make a sketch of on a flat surface: to form in design: to lay plans for:—pr.p. plan′ning; pa.t. and pa.p. planned
It was a good plan, he thought, a brave plan which stood the test of argument pro and con.
"The Secret Witness" by George Gibbs
I believe the Creator has constructed all human life on the same general plan.
"The Fire People" by Ray Cummings
There was a shrewder man back of him who planned this and took the money.
"Elizabeth Hobart at Exeter Hall" by Jean K. Baird
His plan was to bring the "President" about, and run boldly alongside the enemy.
"The Naval History of the United States" by Willis J. Abbot
He planned his campaign as a politician plans to become a statesman.
"The Trail of the Hawk" by Sinclair Lewis
The original plan of Brixworth has points in common with some of the other plans which have been noted.
"The Ground Plan of the English Parish Church" by A. Hamilton Thompson
His visit to Walpolean England taught him a plan by which they might be reprieved.
"Lectures on the French Revolution" by John Emerich Edward Dalberg-Acton
We must be silent about all our plans, for if he knows he will spoil them.
"The Birthright" by Joseph Hocking
Plans prepared by General Henderson, Captain Sykes, and Major MacInnes.
"The War in the Air; Vol. 1" by Walter Raleigh
He was beginning to realize that since leaving the Casino their every move had been carefully planned and timed.
"Deathworld" by Harry Harrison
I'se felt 'at theer wur summat—Ay—
Grander by far nor man;
An', too, at neet, when I watch t' stars
Revolvin' to a plan.
"Shepherd Agnostic" by Dorothy Una Ratcliffe
I love to tread the solitudes,
The forests and the trackless woods,
Where nature, undisturbed by man,
Pursues her voluntary plan.
"Nature's Child." by Alfred Castner King
I see in them the hope of spring,
That erst did plan the autumn day;
I see in them each gift of man
Grow strong in years, then turn to clay.
"Ripened Fruit" by Thomas O Hagan
But though they grow so tall and strong,
His plan will not require them long;
In harvest, when he saves his own,
The tares shall into hell be thrown.
"The Wheat And Tares" by John Newton
I have hoped, I have planned, I have striven,
To the will I have added the deed;
The best that was in me I've given,
I have prayed, but the gods would not heed.
"Unsubdued" by Samuel Ellsworth Kiser
But presently the Thing began
To shiver and to sneeze:
On which I said "Come, come, my man!
That's a most inconsiderat e plan.
Less noise there, if you please!"
"Phantasmagoria Canto I (The Trystyng )" by Lewis Carroll
DRAFT KBOO Strategic Plan CHAPTER 6: Reinventing KBOO – A Plan of Action .
Announced plans this morning for an 1,800-acre master- planned community in north Harris County called Springwoods Village.
Number 8 You've been through the "canned" investment plan programs some financial firms offer, and you now want to work with someone who'll tailor a plan specifically to you.
Here said last week it will appeal a court ruling that grants shareholders the right to take a binding vote on the distributor's anti-takeover share-rights plan.tion of future plans without shareholder approval.
A public meeting is planned for residents to voice their opinions on the US Postal Service's plans to close the century-old post office in downtown Albany.
" Our plan in Salt Lake City is to open eight restaurants in five years, and we're in the second year of that plan".
A MAPS 3 subcommittee selects the designer for the planned convention center and sticks with the facility's planned location.
This document formalizes and discusses the implementation of a new, more efficient probabilistic plan recognition algorithm called Yet Another Probabilistic Plan Recognizer, (Yappr).
The planning graph of Blum and Furst is one of the frequently used tools in planning.
The incumbent Darrell Moore plans to run for Congress, and so far no democrats have announced plans to run for prosecutor .
Despite objections from several residents, the Planning and Zoning Commission has approved recommendations to rezone more than five acres and an amended planned unit development proposal for the Jefferson City Medical Group.
SHANGHAI, China (AP)--China plans to raise the minimum state purchasing price for rice, the government's planning agency said Jan 24, aiming to boost farm incomes and encourage farmers to grow more grain.
Carr is director of Planning, Building and Development and Chittum is planning administrator.
FLEMINGTON — A plan to redevelop part of the old Agway property into retail space is on the agenda for the next Planning Board meeting.
Those who oppose the retail development planned at the Oakwood Country Club site here and in Cleveland Heights will have the chance to voice that opposition at 7 pm today during a public hearing before the South Euclid Planning Commission.
In the domain of planning, we tried to solve some simple queries.
Constructing Conditional Plans by a Theorem-Prover.
QUIP - A Tool for Computing Nonmonotonic Reasoning Tasks
The plan of the paper is as follows: In Sec.
A class of colliding waves in metric-affine gravity, nonmetricity and torsion shock waves
Self-reconﬁguration planning for a class of modular robots.
Multiagent Control of Self-reconfigurable Robots
Useful metrics for modular robot motion planning.
Multiagent Control of Self-reconfigurable Robots