- v misspeak pronounce a word incorrectly "She mispronounces many Latinate words"
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- v. i Misspeak To err in speaking.
- v. t Misspeak To utter wrongly.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- misspeak To speak wrongly or improperly.
- misspeak To speak disrespectfully or disparagingly: with of.
- misspeak To speak or pronounce wrongly; utter imperfectly.
- misspeak To express improperly or imperfectly; speak otherwise than according to one's intention: used reflexively: as, I misspoke myself. [Colloq.] To blame or calumniate.
Chambers's Twentieth Century Dictionary
- v.t Misspeak mis-spēk′ to utter wrongly
- v.i Misspeak to mistake or err in speaking