He wuz happy once more
- adj happy well expressed and to the point "a happy turn of phrase","a few well-chosen words"
- adj happy marked by good fortune "a felicitous life","a happy outcome"
- adj happy enjoying or showing or marked by joy or pleasure "a happy smile","spent many happy days on the beach","a happy marriage"
- adj happy eagerly disposed to act or to be of service "glad to help"
Additional illustrations & photos:
A happy-looking kitten sitting upright
Washington spent five happy years at Mount Vernon
Og, riding gaily on the unicorn behind the Ark, was quite happy
The illustrator feeling happy, yet looking 'board
THE HAPPY WARRIOR
The Happiness of the Godly
Frame 1: A religious woman is presented a sporting magazine from 'Mr. Fox'. The caption says: “With Mr Fox's respects...
A man, made poor by agricultural distress, selling something to a happy money lender in order to pay his rent
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
Bugs Bunny was originally called "Happy Rabbit."
- Happy Dexterous; ready; apt; felicitous. "One gentleman is happy at a reply, another excels in a in a rejoinder."
- Happy Experiencing the effect of favorable fortune; having the feeling arising from the consciousness of well-being or of enjoyment; enjoying good of any kind, as peace, tranquillity, comfort; contented; joyous; as, happy hours, happy thoughts. "Happy is that people, whose God is the Lord.""The learned is happy Nature to explore,
The fool is happy that he knows no more."
- Happy Favored by hap, luck, or fortune; lucky; fortunate; successful; prosperous; satisfying desire; as, a happy expedient; a happy effort; a happy venture; a happy omen.
"Chymists have been more happy in finding experiments than the causes of them."
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
Bananas contain a natural chemical which can make a person happy. This same chemical is found in Prozac
- happy Manifesting or marked by good hap or fortune; lucky; fortuitously fortunate, favorable, or successful: as, a happy contingency or omen; a happy thought or discovery.
- happy Conscious that one's general condition of feeling is a highly satisfactory one; conscious that one feels, in general, decidedly more pleasure than pain; having a general feeling of pleasure; satisfied; pleased.
- happy Being in a favorable condition or in advantageous circumstances; fortunate; secure of good; blessed.
- happy Affording pleasure or enjoyment; bringing or attended with good fortune, luck, or pleasure; agreeable: as, happy thoughts; a happy condition; happier times.
- happy Indicative or expressive of happiness; joyful: as, the happy shouts of children; happy smiles or tears.
- happy Apt; fitting the purpose, occasion, or circumstances; opportune; felicitous: as, a happy expedient; a happy retort.
- happy Dexterous; ready; able.
- happy Synonyms Happy, Felicitous, Fortunate, Lucky. Felicitous is now rarely used except in the sense of apt and pleasing, a sense in which happy also is used: as, a felicitous or happy combination, answer, speech. Fortunate and lucky, by their derivations, are a higher and a lower term for the prosperous turns of chance or the lot in life. Happy, though essentially the same by derivation, has a broader application; it is never altogether separated from the idea of enjoyment. See happiness.
- happy To make happy.
Chambers's Twentieth Century Dictionary
The first episode of the popular television sitcom Happy Days was titled "All The Way."
- adj Happy hap′i lucky, successful: possessing or enjoying pleasure or good: secure of good: furnishing enjoyment: dexterous, apt, felicitous
- v.t Happy (Shak.) to make happy
- adv Happy in any way one pleases
Happy as Larry - When you're as happy as Larry, you're very happy indeed.
Happy medium - If you reach a happy medium, you are making a compromise; reaching a conclusion or decision.
Happy-go-lucky - If someone is happy-go-lucky, they don't worry or plan and accept things as they happen.
Many happy returns - This expression is used to wish someone a happy birthday.
Happy, very happy, she said they all were at St. Margaret's; but it seemed to Olive like the aimless, thoughtless happiness of a child.
"Olive A Novel" by Dinah Maria Craik, (AKA Dinah Maria Mulock)
He might have left me in happy ignorance.
"Debts of Honor" by Maurus Jókai
Mamma, for instance, hasn't been so happy for a long while.
"Nell, of Shorne Mills" by Charles Garvice
It is all very well for the world to say that a girl should be happy without reference to her clothes.
"Orley Farm" by Anthony Trollope
I have been happy all my life, and happy to the end.
"Janet's Love and Service" by Margaret M Robertson
He had been happy, perfectly happy; that was all he knew.
"The Music Master" by Charles Klein
Happiness comes with goodness, you know, my dear fellow; no bad man was ever happy.
"How It All Came Round" by L. T. Meade
I've seen a whole heap that hurts a man that loves his wife, and guesses he wants to see her happy.
"The Heart of Unaga" by Ridgwell Cullum
Are there not free and happy pin-makers, and sick-nurses, and chalk-cutters?
"Deerbrook" by Harriet Martineau
O Floyd, how good you are, and how very, very happy it makes me!
"Floyd Grandon's Honor" by Amanda Minnie Douglas
The moon begins her stately ride
Across the summer sky;
The happy wavelets lash the shore,--
The tide is rising high.
"Evening" by Paul Laurence Dunbar
Where His love shall bless, and ever
Satisfy thy longing soul,
And a cloud of sadness never
O'er thy happy being roll!
"Written In An Album (II)" by Alfred Gibbs Campbell
Yet thinking of each happy hour,
Which I with thee have spent,
So robs my rage of all its power,
That I almost relent.
"Songs Set To Music: 15. Set" by Matthew Prior
“I should be happy,” with a look
Towards her husband where he lay,
Lost in the pages of his book,
Soft did she say.
"The Letter L" by Jean Ingelow
"Then come, receive my grace,
Ye children, and be wise;
Happy the man that keeps my ways;
The man that shuns them dies."
"Hymn 92" by Isaac Watts
I would not take her back,
From Thee, from Heaven and bliss,
Though yearning for her twining arms,
And happy loving kiss
"A Mother's Lament For An Only One" by Nora Pembroke
Kristen Stewart isn't known for smiling or looking overly happy in her photographs, and the Twilight actress admits she looks like sh*t half the time — and even says she's proud of it.
'Twilight' tops bleep -happy MTV Movie Awards.
Here's a music business story with a happy twist and one that continues an upward spiral.
Way of the Mayans, Blinking light, Happy Birthday.
The Emmy-Award winning Russell Scott wished all of Colorado a Happy Birfday on television and brought joy to many children throughout his career.
Steelers back in contention behind happy Haley-Big Ben union.
The happy band of Muppets on"Sesame Street" occasionally face detours through the more.
Suffice it to say that the Tibetan population in Minnesota was none too happy about this.
Many of our tropical houseplants aren't so happy indoors during the winter.
Want to tell you that you have given me complete happiness.
Britons are happy with their monarchs… until they step out of line.
Happy Birthday, John Peel: Our 10 Favorite Sessions.
News The bouncy castle, photo booth and puppy petting area at Jefferson Smith's mayoral campaign party added a veneer of happiness to what most supporters knew going in: Tonight wouldn't involve a victory speech.
All day happy hour at The Bounty Hunter .
In this case, as you might expect, their favorite is the sap of the box elder , but they're happy with most elders and other members of the maple family, so if they're really bugging you, you can rip out all your maples, and it might help.
When we see all n sites at ﬁrst glance we are happy, but when we seem to see fewer sites we tend to look more closely.
Limits of Voronoi Diagrams
We are also happy to see so many detector components getting into construction.
LHC Symposium 2003: Summary Talk
We are all happy to see solutions over the last year to these and other problems .
LHC Symposium 2003: Summary Talk
I am happy too see that by now all experiments adopted a new treatment of the ﬁnal state Coulomb repulsion which takes into account the ﬁnite purity of the pion sample .
Correlations and Fluctuations
XLS is a complicated format, and descriptions of it are fairly hard to find, whereas the MM language has a simple syntax which we would be happy to publicise.
Ensuring Spreadsheet Integrity with Model Master