the Adult King Advancing, Followed by his Double
- n follower a person who accepts the leadership of another
- n follower someone who travels behind or pursues another
Additional illustrations & photos:
THE WOLF FOLLOWS LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD
Ameer Ali follows the maiden's instructions to win more jewels
They All Follow
dogs following man on horseback
four riders following running man
Hanina and his wife followed the giant frog
OUR CAPTAIN IS ONE OF THE BEST, AND WE'RE READY TO FOLLOW HIM TO H--L.' I SUPPOSE HE MEANS THE HINDENBURG LINE
The Murder of La Salle by his Followers
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
George Harrison, with "My Sweet Lord," was the first Beatle to have a Number 1 hit single following the group's breakup.
- Follower (Steam Engine) A gland. See Illust. of Stuffing box.
- Follower A sweetheart; a beau.
- Follower Among law stationers, a sheet of parchment or paper which is added to the first sheet of an indenture or other deed.
- Follower One who follows; a pursuer; an attendant; a disciple; a dependent associate; a retainer.
- Follower (Mach) The part of a machine that receives motion from another part. See Driver.
- Follower (Steam Engine) The removable flange, or cover, of a piston. See Illust. of Piston.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
Jim Delligatti, a McDonald's franchise owner in Uniontown, PA, invented the Big Mac in 1968. He originally named it the Big Mac Super Sandwich. The following year McDonald's sold it nationwide.
- n follower One who follows another, in any sense of the verb follow. In particular— One who follows or accompanies a master or leader as servant, attendant, dependent, associate, or supporter.
- n follower One who follows a master or teacher as a disciple or adherent: one who takes another as his guide in doctrines, opinion, or example, or an adherent of a particular doctrine or system.
- n follower One who follows in practice the conduct, course, or example of another; one who conforms his conduct or course to that of some person or thing regarded as a model or pattern; an imitator: as, Terence was a follower of Menander.
- n follower A man who “keeps company” with a young woman; especially, one who is in the habit of calling upon a maid-servant to pay his addresses; a beau.
- n follower In machinery, any part of a machine moving in a limited range, as in guides, and following the motion of another part.
- n follower In a steam-engine, the cover of a piston or of a stuffing-box.
- n follower In pile-driving, a wooden block placed on top of a pile that is to be driven deeper than the weight of the pile-driver can fall. By the use of such a block the pile can be driven even after its head is under water.
- n follower A wheel which is driven by another wheel, either by a belt or by a tooth connection.
- n follower The smaller element of a compound piston, which is bolted to the larger to complete the structure. It is usually a plate, or it may be a ring. In old English designs using fibrous packing, the follower was called the junk-ring.
Chambers's Twentieth Century Dictionary
The following is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language: "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick".
- Follower one who comes after: a copier: a disciple: a servant-girl's sweetheart
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
OE. folwere, AS. folgere,
Chambers's Twentieth Century Dictionary
A.S. folgian, fylgian, app. a compound, but obscure; Ger. folgen.
The trail was very easy to follow and I walked along by the side of the slow going oxen.
"Old Rail Fence Corners" by Various
This expedition was the example that the buccaneers followed for the next few years.
"The Naval History of the United States" by Willis J. Abbot
The following were the most remarkable among the numerous martyrs who suffered during this persecution.
"Fox's Book of Martyrs" by John Foxe
It is likely Clinton was too intolerant, but it was the intolerance that follows revolution.
"A Political History of the State of New York, Volumes 1-3" by DeAlva Stanwood Alexander
The general procedure described in drawing down must be followed, with the following modification.
"On Laboratory Arts" by Richard Threlfall
Then he disembarked with his followers, and the King, Queen, and Prince came to satisfy their natural curiosity.
"The Philippine Islands" by John Foreman
And then following that, He was crowned with glory and honour.
"Quiet Talks on the Crowned Christ of Revelation" by S. D. Gordon
She knew I would still be following; she knew I was following, and for me was the writing meant.
"The War Trail" by Mayne Reid
The Comandante and his captain, as well as a large number of the spectators, followed, and crowded around to listen.
"The White Chief" by Mayne Reid
Follow him to Parida?
"The Scalp Hunters" by Mayne Reid
He did not know the way to go,
Because he had no map:
He followed where the winds blow,--
And the April sap.
"Sandy Star And Willie Gee" by William Stanley Braithwaite
Lord, obedient we would go,
Gladly leaving all below;
Only Thou our Leader be;
And we will still follow Thee.
"Children of the heavenly King!" by John Cennick
It is true there is judgment
That hangs o’er the land,
But ‘t will all turn aside,
When you follow the plan.
"Colonization Song" by Anonymous Americas
I am a peaceful working man,
I am not wise or strong,
But I can follow Nature's plan,
In labour, rest, and song.
"The Conscript" by Howard Phillips Lovecraft
These are they whom day
Follows and gives light
Whence they see to slay
Night, and burn away
All the seed of night.
"Christmas Antiphones" by Algernon Charles Swinburne
I was alone. A miry road
I followed, all in vain;
No well-known hill the landscape showed,
It was a wretched plain;
"A Book of Dreams: Part II" by George MacDonald
Kim Kardashian sends her Instagram followers a sexy pic on all fours .
I know we have both said it on-air, and I am sure if you have been following the team's camp you have heard it, but this team just looks different.
Cast members of "All the King's Women" ham it up following the opening night performance June 9 at The Little Theatre of Alexandria.
Kim Kardashian sends her Instagram followers a sexy pic on all fours.
Saturdays 3pm-4pm Email: email@example.com Twitter: Follow Me.
Louis Sachar's 1998 novel "Holes," which among other prizes has won a Newbery Medal and a National Book Award, has also, and more important, attracted a fanatical following among children in the middle grades.
The actor will follow "The Woman In Black" with the indie film, "Kill Your Darlings.".
The following letter is an appeal signed by prominent American and Iranian writers and sent to the Prime Minister of Iran.
The following names (followed by DBA and address) were posted in August in the Denton County Clerk's Office.
The following names (followed by DBA and address) were posted in July in the Denton County Clerk's Office.
The following names (followed by DBA and address) were posted in June in the Denton County Clerk's Office.
Perhaps following Madonna's lead, Beyoncé finally joined Twitter and Tumblr last week, gaining 3.8 million followers in a few days and creating instant media waves.
A follow-up to 'How to Train Your Dragon,' the series from DreamWorks Animation follows vikings and beasts as they try to make their friendship work.
Weekends Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Facebook: Become a Friend Twitter: Follow Me Follow me on Twitter, friend me on Facebook, & join me every Sunday at 9pm for New.
"Following a deeper set of rules, being devoted to the mission, sometimes means breaking the rules you're supposed to follow," says Grenier, who has had to make some tough calls during the course of his career.
We follow this procedure to the extent of ” reduction of multiplicity ” of an algebraic set and prove following generalization.
On certain generalized Hardy's inequalities and applications
The following lemma follows from the previous one.
Algorithmic proofs of two theorems of Stafford
It now follows from Lemma 2.2 and from the fact that g -| Q that Q cannot be properly inﬁnite. (ii) follows from Lemma 3.1 and Lemma 4.1. (iii).
A simple C*-algebra with a finite and an infinite projection
X consists of |X | of the ﬁrst letters of w , Y is |Y | of the following letters, and Z is |Z | of the letters following that.
There are no iterated morphisms that define the Arshon sequence and the $\sigma$-sequence
The following lemma immediately follows from Property 6.
Random Planar Lattices and Integrated SuperBrownian Excursion