Done, finished. Wichita
- v finish cause to finish a relationship with somebody "That finished me with Mary"
- v finish finally be or do something "He ended up marrying his high school sweetheart","he wound up being unemployed and living at home again"
- v finish come or bring to a finish or an end; others finished in over 4 hours" "He finished the dishes","She completed the requirements for her Master's Degree","The fastest runner finished the race in just over 2 hours"
- v finish finish eating all the food on one's plate or on the table "She polished off the remaining potatoes"
- v finish provide with a finish "The carpenter finished the table beautifully","this shirt is not finished properly"
- v finish have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical "the bronchioles terminate in a capillary bed","Your rights stop where you infringe upon the rights of other","My property ends by the bushes","The symphony ends in a pianissimo"
- n finish the act of finishing "his best finish in a major tournament was third","the speaker's finishing was greeted with applause"
- n finish a decorative texture or appearance of a surface (or the substance that gives it that appearance) "the boat had a metallic finish","he applied a coat of a clear finish","when the finish is too thin it is difficult to apply evenly"
- n finish (wine tasting) the taste of a wine on the back of the tongue (as it is swallowed) "the wine has a nutty flavor and a pleasant finish"
- n finish event whose occurrence ends something "his death marked the ending of an era","when these final episodes are broadcast it will be the finish of the show"
- n finish the downfall of someone (as of persons on one side of a conflict) "booze will be the finish of him","it was a fight to the finish"
- n finish designated event that concludes a contest (especially a race) "excitement grew as the finish neared","my horse was several lengths behind at the finish","the winner is the team with the most points at the finish"
- n finish the place designated as the end (as of a race or journey) "a crowd assembled at the finish","he was nearly exhausted as their destination came into view"
- n finish a highly developed state of perfection; having a flawless or impeccable quality "they performed with great polish","I admired the exquisite refinement of his prose","almost an inspiration which gives to all work that finish which is almost art"--Joseph Conrad"
- n finish the temporal end; the concluding time "the stopping point of each round was signaled by a bell","the market was up at the finish","they were playing better at the close of the season"
Additional illustrations & photos:
Done, finished. Hidatsa
DRIVER AND BRASSY. FINISH OF THE SWING
DRIVER AND BRASSY. FINISH WHEN PLAYING FOR A SLICE
DRIVER AND BRASSY. FINISH WHEN PLAYING FOR A PULL
FULL SHOT WITH THE CLEEK. FINISH
THE PUSH SHOT WITH THE CLEEK. FINISH
A LOW BALL (AGAINST WIND) WITH THE CLEEK. FINISH
FULL IRON SHOT. FINISH
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
At the age of 26, Michelangelo began sculpting his monumental statue of David. He finished it seventeen months later, in January, 1504.
- Finish Completion; -- opposed to start, or beginning.
- Finish (Fine Arts) See Finishing coat, under Finishing.
- Finish That which finishes, puts an end to or perfects.
- Finish (Arch) The joiner work and other finer work required for the completion of a building, especially of the interior. See Inside finish, and Outside finish.
- Finish (Fine Arts) The labor required to give final completion to any work; hence, minute detail, careful elaboration, or the like.
- Finish The result of completed labor, as on the surface of an object; manner or style of finishing; as, a rough, dead, or glossy finish given to cloth, stone, metal, etc.
- Finish To arrive at the end of; to bring to an end; to put an end to; to make an end of; to terminate. "And heroically hath finished A life heroic."
- Finish To bestow the last required labor upon; to complete; to bestow the utmost possible labor upon; to perfect; to accomplish; to polish.
- Finish To come to an end; to terminate. "His days may finish ere that hapless time."
- Finish To end; to die.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
By the time a child finishes elementary school she will have witnessed 8,000 murders and 100,000 acts of violence on television.
- finish To bring to an end; arrive at the end of; complete by passing throughout the length or extent of: as, to finish a journey or an undertaking; to finish the day; to finish one's life.
- finish To bring to completion; complete by making or doing the last or final part of: as, to finish the reading of a book; to finish a task assigned; to finish a house.
- finish To put an end to; terminate the existence, opposition, etc., of; destroy: as, to finish an enemy by an overwhelming defeat; the last blow finished him.
- finish To complete and perfect in detail; elaborate carefully; put the final touches on, especially with reference to smoothing and polishing.
- finish To arrive at the end; stop.
- finish To come to an end; terminate; expire.
- n finish The end or last part of any movement or progress; especially, the end of a race or competitive contest of any kind.
- n finish The last work performed upon any object, whereby it is completed or perfected.
- n finish Careful elaboration or its result; polish: as, the finish of a work of art, a poem, or a piece of cloth; to put a fine finish on anything, or to give it an exquisite finish; finish in deportment.
- n finish The last hard, smooth coat of plaster on a wall: commonly called hard-finish.
- n finish In building, all those parts of the work which are not essential to the structure but are intended to give elegance of appearance or neatness within, or such smoothness of surface as makes it easily cleaned. Thus the interior finish includes the woodwork of door-trims, dados, and the like, the marble-work when put to similar uses, and mantelpieces, etc.
Chambers's Twentieth Century Dictionary
Underfund and underground are the only two English words which start and finish with "und."
- v.t Finish fin′ish to end or complete the making of anything: to perfect: to give the last touches to: to put an end to, to destroy
- n Finish that which finishes or completes: the end of a race, hunt, &c.: last touch, careful elaboration, polish: the last coat of plaster to a wall
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
F. finir,with a stem finiss-, in several forms, whence E. -ish,: see -ish,.),fr. L. finire, to limit, finish, end, fr. finis, boundary, limit, end; perh. for fidnis, and akin findere, to cleave, E. fissure,
Yet now that you've broken the Commandment in your heart, by beginning, perhaps you might as well finish it.
"When Life Was Young" by C. A. Stephens
I'm going to finish this job.
"Brand Blotters" by William MacLeod Raine
When the cares of the family are finished, the joys of life are finished likewise.
"The Glow-Worm and Other Beetles" by Jean Henri Fabre
He reached for the receipt-book as she finished counting the money.
"El Diablo" by Brayton Norton
When she had finished singing, Beth became aware of her sister's reverent attention, and put out her tongue at her.
"The Beth Book" by Sarah Grand
No sooner had he finished than the Princess asked him whether he could find the way to that palace.
"The Yellow Fairy Book" by Leonora Blanche Alleyne Lang
Jason finished the matter in a loud voice.
"Deathworld" by Harry Harrison
And then, having finished all her task, she went to the bedside; she had not looked that way before.
"The Wide, Wide World" by Susan Warner
This will hold the woof threads in place, as well as finish the edges of the hammock.
"Construction Work for Rural and Elementary Schools" by Virginia McGaw
Have we quite finished the indictment, Gage?
"Lover or Friend" by Rosa Nouchette Carey
Rejoice and be glad!
For the blood hath been shed;
Redemption is finished,
The price has been paid.
"Rejoice and Be Glad!" by Horatius Bonar
So; 'tis finished! It is well!
Go, thou rose! I have no tear,
Kiss, or word for thee to bear,
And no woe to tell.
"Perle Des Jardins" by Madison Julius Cawein
Leave, leave it then, muse of my heart!
Sans finish and sans frame,
Leave unadorned by needless art
The picture as it came.
"To The Muse" by Robert Louis Stevenson
"His good was mainly an intent,
His evil not of forethought done;
The work he wrought was rarely meant
Or finished as begun.
"My Namesake" by John Greenleaf Whittier
With heaveuly weapons I have fought
The battles of the Lord;
Finish'd my course and kept the faith
And wait the sure reward.
"Hymn 16" by Noah Calwell W Cannon
I’m finished with the bush for good,
I’m off to Wagga town
Where they won’t stick a swaggie up
Or take a swaggie down.
"The Swagless Swaggie" by Edward Harrington
Northwest Pennsylvania Collegiate Academy finished second and McDowell High School finished third in Saturday's Academic Sports League competition at Mercyhurst University.
Zirkle was Garden City's top finisher at the National Junior College Athletic Association cross-country meet Saturday in Ina, Ill. Garden City Community College finished in eighth place overall.
Last month, Nyquist won the Dew Cup in BMX Dirt in San Francisco, Calif, and this weekend, Nyquist finished out the 2012 competition season with a first place finish at the Red Bull Skylines BMX Park contest in Paris, France.
The finish-line videos are broken up into increments based on finishing times for the full marathon.
Click the link of your finishing time to see your finish.
Ty Tessmann won both A-Mains on his way to the Victory with Drake finishing 2nd and Drew Moller finishing 3rd.
Digital finishing requires automated processes to help offset labor costs, streamline operations and allow print service providers to handle multiple finishing tasks simultaneously.
The West Enhancement Project, which was scheduled to finish up in early June, is now set to finish in May of 2013.
The Cuyamaca College men's cross country team recorded its best finish in a decade at the Pacific Coast Athletic Conference finals on Oct 26 at Harry Griffin Park in La Mesa when the Coyotes finished runner-up to team champion San Diego Mesa.
Kelly, who had not finished outside the top 125 on the money list in his 16 full seasons on Tour, finished No 126 in 2012 while Appleby finished No 162.
Mavs freshman Jessica Berve (85, 84) finished tied for 15th, freshman Afton Balling (90, 84) finished 23rd, and junior Dana Anderson (92, 89) finished 31st.
The finish -line videos are broken up into increments based on finishing times for the full marathon.
Click the link of your finishing time to see your finish .
Diageo North America launched Crown Royal Maple Finished whiskey, which is the company's original Crown Royal whiskey infused with natural maple flavor achieved through a proprietary maple toasted oak finishing process.
Waldy Upchurch and his father, Marty, finish the Kaiser Realty Coastal 1-Mile Fun Run in Orange Beach, Ala. More than 700 people crossed the finish line during the Kaiser Realty Coastal Half-Marathon, 5K and 1-Mile Fun Run today.
The change had to be done step by step because storage ring operation had to be ensured during the migration. In summer 2001 this migration was finished. The whole facility, the 80 MeV linac, the 1.5 GeV booster, the storage ring and the Superconducting Asymmetric Wiggler (SAW), is now handled by EPICS.
The Evolution of the DELTA Control System
At first I introduce the Neutrino in the standard Model, Then the Dirac and Majorana Masses. After introduce the See-Saw Mechanism, I discuss the neutrino oscillations and neutrino in astrophysics and cosmology. I finished this paper with a brief summary of the neutrino experiments.
Neutrino in Astrophysics and Cosmology
This is where we finish our review of the connections between Yugoslav and neutrino physics.
The Neutrino - Its Past, Present and Future
As soon as the second workpiece can be gripped, the iteration process is finished, as long as only two workpieces need to be analysed. In the most cases, it is not possible to transfer one gripping constellation from the first workpiece to the second one (in cases of highly geometrically varying workpieces).
CAGD - Computer Aided Gripper Design for a Flexible Gripping System
Self-test is started by Start, its end is indicated by Finish, and its result is shown by Result.
At-Speed Logic BIST for IP Cores