Construction of a Knock-Down Book-Shelf Seen From the Back
- v construct reassemble mentally "reconstruct the events of 20 years ago"
- v construct draw with suitable instruments and under specified conditions "construct an equilateral triangle"
- v construct put together out of artificial or natural components or parts; He manufactured a popular cereal" "the company fabricates plastic chairs","They manufacture small toys"
- v construct make by combining materials and parts "this little pig made his house out of straw","Some eccentric constructed an electric brassiere warmer"
- v construct create by organizing and linking ideas, arguments, or concepts "construct a proof","construct an argument"
- v construct create by linking linguistic units "construct a sentence","construct a paragraph"
- n construct an abstract or general idea inferred or derived from specific instances
Additional illustrations & photos:
Forms of Box Construction
Dovetailed Drawer Construction
Door, Illustrating Panel Construction
Table Construction: Upper Drawer Rail of Table Dovetailed into Left Front Leg
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
The Eiffel Tower was the tallest structure in the world before the construction of the Empire State Building in 1930
- a Construct Formed by, or relating to, construction, interpretation, or inference.
- Construct To devise; to invent; to set in order; to arrange; as, to construct a theory of ethics.
- Construct To put together the constituent parts of (something) in their proper place and order; to build; to form; to make; as, to construct an edifice.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
Construction workers hard hats were first invented and used in the building of the Hoover Dam in 1933.
- construct To put together the parts of in their proper place and order; erect; build; form: as, to construct an edifice or a ship.
- construct To devise and put into orderly arrangement; form by the mind; frame; fabricate; evolve the form of: as, to construct a story.
- construct To interpret or understand; construe.
- construct To draw, as a figure, so as to fulfil given conditions. See construction, 4. Synonyms To fabricate, erect, raise. To invent, originate, frame, make, institute. See construe.
- construct To engage in or practise construction.
- construct In grammar, constituting or expressing connection as governing substantive with the substantive governed.
- n construct Something constructed or created.
- n construct In compar. psychol., the mental picture answering to a real or a possible object of sense: regarded as the mental result of the action of external stimuli.
- n construct In mathematics, a configuration or surface.
Chambers's Twentieth Century Dictionary
After the Eiffel Tower was built, one person was killed during the installation of the lifts. No one was killed during the actual construction of the tower
- v.t Construct kon-strukt′ to build up: to compile: to put together the parts of a thing: to make: to compose
- adj Construct constructed
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
L. constructus, p. p. of construere, to bring together, to construct; con-, + struere, to pile up, set in order. See Structure, and cf. Construe
Measure off one and one-fourth inches, and construct a line parallel to the back edge.
"Construction Work for Rural and Elementary Schools" by Virginia McGaw
Owing to its construction, a turbine cannot be reversed like a cylinder engine.
"How it Works" by Archibald Williams
For many of the telescopes sent abroad no stands were constructed.
"Sir William Herschel: His Life and Works" by Edward Singleton Holden
The young model boat builder is advised not to try to construct hulls from metal.
"Boys' Book of Model Boats" by Raymond Francis Yates
The ribs of a Byzantine dome are not constructive in the same way as are the ribs of a Gothic vault.
"Byzantine Churches in Constantinople" by Alexander Van Millingen
To facilitate commerce, they constructed and maintained a number of excellent highways leading in all directions.
"The Railroad Question" by William Larrabee
Federal aid is money appropriated by Congress to be distributed to the various states to stimulate road construction.
"American Rural Highways" by T. R. Agg
Know how to construct a raft.
"Boy Scouts Handbook" by Boy Scouts of America
How are we to proceed in order to construct the best possible text?
"Introduction to the Study of History" by Charles V. Langlois
Construction of a Syringe Hydrometer.
"The Automobile Storage Battery" by O. A. Witte
"I don't care who he was, Sir, or
On whom he pinned his faith!
Constructed by whatever law,
So poor a job I never saw,
As I'm a living Wraith!
"Phantasmagoria Canto III ( Scarmoges )" by Lewis Carroll
He, the high tower,
constructed of Lebanon wood and cypress,
has been adorned with jacinth and diamonds,
a city excelling the crafts of other builders.
"Columba Aspexit" by Hildegard von Bingen
With dynasties of negative constructions
darkening and dying around you,
with grammar that suddenly turns and shines
like flocks of sandpipers flying,
please come flying.
"Invitation to Miss Marianne Moore" by Elizabeth Bishop
Whilst 'tis the time of grace, construct thine ark,
Ere yet the deluge covers all the strand:
It is by much too late to build a bark,
When th' inundation overwhelms the land.
"Stanza's Concerning Some Persons And Things, That Are Mentioned In The Holy Scriptures" by Rees Prichard
Oh! why should man, of such exalted feature,
With soul constructed on the moral plan,
Indulge his passions as the fiercest creature,
The bloodiest monster since the world began.
"To Charity" by Thomas Odiorne
And as every day passed by they felt woe begone,
Because no sail could they see on the horizon;
And they constructed a sea anchor to keep the boat's head to sea,
And not withstanding their hardships they stood out bravely.
"The Wreck of the Barque 'Wm. Paterson of Liverpool'" by William Topaz McGonagall
Staff Electric, Gilbane Construction and Doug MacDonald, DesignLab Chicago, Construction.
Constructed from high-tech Aqua-Nylon fabric, Vortex Media Storm Jacket Camera Covers are popular because of their lightweight and rugged construction.
Ontario's Ministry of Labour and Toronto police are continuing to investigate a Christmas Eve scaffold collapse at an apartment building under construction that killed four construction workers and injured a fifth.
Hand-held Screed Line Stone Construction Equipment Inc. Stone Construction Equipment's Stone Screed Bull is available in two models.
Construction workers raise concrete block walls Friday for the new William L Sullivan Technology Center under construction on the Henderson Community College campus.
South Korea's Posco Engineering & Construction (E&C) signed a contract worth a reported $4.3 billion to construct a steel mill for Companhia Siderurgica do Pecem (CSP) in Brazil's Ceara state.
During the month of Jan 2012, Glasgow Construction began construction of a Rails-To-Trails project known as the Tanglefoot Trail.
Recent up-and-down movement of Wright Express' Construction Fuel Consumption Index suggests fragile construction recovery despite improving housing market.
Scientists celebrate as pronghorn locate and use newly constructed highway overpasses that safeguard wildlife and motorists alike Wildlife Conservation Society data inform locations for major Wyoming road construction projects.
The McGarth construction team sign the final construction beam at Hakkasan Las Vegas in MGM Grand on Tuesday, Oct 9, 2012.
Presbyterian Senior Living has awarded Benchmark Construction Co. A $20 million contract to construct a new independent-living community in Chester County.
In Massapequa construction work on Rt-107 SB between N Queens Ave and Hamilton Ave. 10 m ago Road construction.
French firm Vinci Construction Grands Projets has won a contract to construct a $366-million cable-stayed bridge that will span the Panama Canal on the historic waterway's Atlantic entrance.
They announced Friday that local builder North Star Construction has signed on to construct the mixed-used building, known as "Two City Center ".
Turner Construction is an $8 billion worldwide construction firm, which has been holding such classes across the country since 1969.
UX0 by generalizing Simpson’s construction, and construct the theta line bundle on it.
Factorization of generalized theta functions at reducible case
Plausibility measures: The construction for PlP can be used to convert any FH-cps to a cps. I demonstrate the idea by showing how to construct a conditional plausibility measure from an unconditional plausibility measure.
Conditional Plausibility Measures and Bayesian Networks
The ﬁrst construction, of ι from χ, is one-one by corollary 10.3, but it is also onto, because if we start with ι and construct χ, then we get ι back as ι = 0χ.
Abelian extensions of algebras in congruence-modular varieties
In this section, using differential forms, we construct the dual sequence to the homology sequence from theorem 1.1. (More precisely, we continue to work with E , ∇, so the sequence we construct will be dual to the homology sequence with coeﬃcients in E ∨ , ∇∨ ).
Homology for irregular connections
This is proved by the same construction as Aronsza jn’s construction on ℵ1 , using the fact that under this hypothesis there is a universal linear order of cardinality λ.
On the consistency of the definable tree property on \aleph_1