Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n sollar Originally, an open gallery or balcony at the top of a house, exposed to the sun; later, any upper room, loft, or garret.
- n sollar An elevated chamber in a church from which to watch the lamps burning before the altars.
- n sollar A story of a house. See the quotation.
- n sollar In mining. a platform or resting-place. See ladder-sollar and air-sollar.
Chambers's Twentieth Century Dictionary
- n Sollar sol′ar a platform in a mine: an upper gallery or balcony, a garret, loft
- Sollar Also Soll′er