• Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
    • n Emplecton A kind of masonry in which the outer faces of the wall are ashlar, the space between being filled with broken stone and mortar. Cross layers of stone are interlaid as binders.
    • ***
Chambers's Twentieth Century Dictionary
    • n Emplecton em-plek′ton masonry in which the outsides of the walls are ashlar and the insides filled up with rubbish
    • Emplecton Also Emplec′tum
    • ***


Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
F. or L. emplecton, fr. Gr. , fr. interwoven, fr. to plait or weave in; in + to twist, weave