Ready to go Home
- n readiness prompt willingness "readiness to continue discussions","they showed no eagerness to spread the gospel","they disliked his zeal in demonstrating his superiority","he tried to explain his forwardness in battle"
- n readiness a natural effortlessness "they conversed with great facility","a happy readiness of conversation"--Jane Austen"
- n readiness (psychology) being temporarily ready to respond in a particular way "the subjects' set led them to solve problems the familiar way and to overlook the simpler solution","his instructions deliberately gave them the wrong set"
- n readiness the state of having been made ready or prepared for use or action (especially military action) "putting them in readiness","their preparation was more than adequate"
Additional illustrations & photos:
Astuteness, readiness. Neapolitan
Card Table Ready for Use
READY FOR THE PARTY
Kiln Door Carrier engaged to Door Ready for lifting
Getting ready for another day of it
OUR CAPTAIN IS ONE OF THE BEST, AND WE'RE READY TO FOLLOW HIM TO H--L.' I SUPPOSE HE MEANS THE HINDENBURG LINE
SHAPE READY FOR TRIMMING
"I SEZ AS THAT UN'S A FAWKS, AN' I'M READY TO PROVE IT ON ANNY MAN."
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
Aunt Jemima pancake flour, invented in 1889, was the first ready-mix food to be sold commercially.
- n Readiness The state or quality of being ready; preparation; promptness; aptitude; willingness. "They received the word with all readiness of mind."
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
The first time an enormous amount of clothing was needed all at once was during the Civil War, when the Union needed hundreds of thousands of uniforms for its troops. Out of this need came the ready-made clothing industry.
- n readiness The condition of being ready; the state of being adapted or in condition for immediate use or action; present preparedness or fitness; ready availability or qualification.
- n readiness Ready action or movement; instant facility or aptitude; promptness; quickness: as, readiness of thought or of speech; readiness in offhand drawing.
- n readiness Ready disposition; present willingness; mental preparedness.
- n readiness Synonyms Readiness, Facility. Expertness, Knack, promptitude aptness, preparation, preparedness, inclination. The first four words agree in meaning that the person can do a thing with ease and quickness. Readiness emphasizes promptitude: as, readiness in repartee. Facility by derivation emphasizes ease, whether partly natural or wholly-acquired. (See ease, n.) Expertness is facility acquired: as, expertness with the pen, at figures, in working a sewing-machine; it is primarily physical, and especially manual, but also mental. Knack is a familiar word, applying to facility or expertness viewed as a happy and rather surprising possession of skill or faculty.
Saint Angel assured her there was no necessity for pledging her jewels, and expressed his readiness to advance seventeen thousand florins.
"Notable Voyagers" by W.H.G. Kingston and Henry Frith
They found also that old Sam Green was always ready to oblige them if he could.
"Taking Tales" by W.H.G. Kingston
He was ready to talk, more than ready.
"The Heart of Unaga" by Ridgwell Cullum
My dear Sybil, we are collecting a ready made family!
"Cruel As The Grave" by Mrs. Emma D. E. N. Southworth
He spurred his horse, holding his revolver ready for instant use.
"Kiddie the Scout" by Robert Leighton
But now all is ready for your initiation into the mysteries of the razor.
"Romola" by George Eliot
Be ready to show 'em up.
"The Comedies of William Congreve Volume 1 [of 2]" by William Congreve
The first rail was laid on May 23rd, 1822, and the whole twelve miles of line were ready for traffic, on September 27th, 1825.
"Chatterbox, 1906" by Various
The jatos made ready for firing.
"Space Platform" by Murray Leinster
A cheaper one will do me just as well, and I am ready to give you a good trade.
"Twenty Years of Hus'ling" by J. P. Johnston
My heart is ready now to break —
My woe's so great I scarce can speak —
Yet I no faithful friend can see,
To shew compassion unto me.
"Part Of The Sixty-Ninth Psalm" by Rees Prichard
That the charming breath of gladness
Came to me from all-all places,
I don’t know what I’ll sing, else,
But my song’s coming to readiness.
"I Have Come To You Delighted" by Afanasy Afanasevich Fet
Angel, I have no thanks. May God forget me
When I forget this hour! So, thou art firm--
Ready this night to leave thy home, thy kin,
"The Spagnoletto. Act IV" by Emma Lazarus
The light is always close to dying
Life always ready to become earth
But spring is reborn that is never done with
A bud lifts from dark and the warmth settles
"Talking Of Power And Love " by Paul Eluard
Behold me therefore ready to forgive;
Not gay, of course! but doing what I can
To bear up bravely,—deeply though I grieve
To be, through you, the most unhappy man.
"Birds In The Night" by Paul Verlaine
The Deity, his Son to none will give,
Who are not fully ready to receive
The gift divine, Christ must with zeal be sought,
Before he can within their reach be brought.
"Advice, To Search For The Lord Jesus Christ" by Rees Prichard
The track, appropriately titled "Not Ready To Die", is available on the latest CoD downloadable map pack "Escalation".
Curry suggested after Tuesday's win at Sacramento that he was ready to sit out to get his ankle healthy.
Members of the Excelsior Band are ready for a busy parade season.
Iggy Azalea 'Glory' EP is ready for you to download now.
You're ready to take the plunge.
Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni, star Kobe Bryant ready to 'go kick some ( backside )'.
Kitchen tech that helps your food tell you when it's ready.
Robert Pattinson might not know if he's ready to take on the hero role in David Slade's reboot of Daredevil.
"You guys ready to make some babies with words.".
As ballots are all ready being returned, I hope voters will take a long look at Prop 28.
Reading Junior High's Stephany Davis and George Junior High's Veronica Chavarria are among the many members of LCESA that are ready to sell you a Butter Braid.
Little monsters get ready, Lady Gaga is coming to town.
Mark Ballas ' 'DWTS' blog: Ready to rumble.
Is UFC ready for Nick Diaz, world champ.
5 Min Cook Time: 25 Min Ready In: 30 Min Original Recipe Yield 6 servings.
We have now evaluated the two of the expectation values in eq. (4.5) and are ready to present the integral representation of AN .
Worldsheet and Spacetime Properties of p-p' System with B Field and Noncommutative Geometry
Now we are ready to state the main result of this section.
Equivariant Cyclic Cohomology of H-Algebras
We are now ready to introduce the notation of a chiral algebra.
Conformal field theory, boundary conditions and applications to string theory
We are now ready to prove that any subgroup of G of index r is conjugate to B .
Finite simple groups and localization
Now we are ready to give a new deﬁnition of a Moore–Penrose inverse.
Moore-Penrose inverse, parabolic subgroups, and Jordan pairs