- n pataca the basic unit of money in Macao
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- n Pataca The Spanish dollar; -- called also patacoon.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n pataca A Portuguese silver coin formerly struck for currency in Brazil; a dollar, or piece of eight. Also patacoon.
- n pataca A Portuguese coin of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, equal to 320 reis.
- n pataca A Portuguese coin of Mozambique, equal to 6 crusados.
- n pataca A silver coin of Macao and Timor, equivalent to 100 avos or 41.63 cents.
- n pataca A copper coin of Portugal, equal to 2 cuartos.