"'Does Miss Everard live here?' he inquired."
- adj lively full of spirit "a dynamic full of life woman","a vital and charismatic leader","this whole lively world"
- adj lively filled with events or activity "a lively period in history"
- adj lively full of life and energy "a lively discussion","lively and attractive parents","a lively party"
- adj lively elastic; rebounds readily "clean bouncy hair","a lively tennis ball","as resilient as seasoned hickory","springy turf"
- adj lively quick and energetic "a brisk walk in the park","a lively gait","a merry chase","traveling at a rattling rate","a snappy pace","a spanking breeze"
- adj lively full of zest or vigor "a racy literary style"
Additional illustrations & photos:
"'Live on sixpence a day—and earn it!'"
The family with whom I lived in Soissons
A large living area, with extensive decoration on walls and ceiling
No. 141, Bayham Street, Camden Town, where the Dickens Family lived in 1823
No. 11, Ordnance Terrace, Chatham. Where the Dickens Family lived 1817-21
Excavated foundation of a late 17th-century prototype of the Baltimore and Philadelphia row houses. Six families...
Spinning thread or yarn and weaving cloth were endless chores for the women living in the small wilderness...
At lst the heralds came to the house where Cinderella lived
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
An average city dog lives approximately three years longer than an average country dog
- Lively Bright; vivid; glowing; strong; vigorous. "The colors of the prism are manifestly more full, intense, and lively that those of natural bodies.""His faith must be not only living, but lively too."
- Lively Brisk; vivacious; active; as, a lively youth. "But wherefore comes old Manoa in such haste,
With youthful steps ? Much livelier than erewhile
- Lively Endowed with or manifesting life; living. "Chaplets of gold and silver resembling lively flowers and leaves."
- Lively Gay; airy; animated; spirited. "From grave to gay, from lively to severe."
- Lively In a brisk, active, or animated manner; briskly; vigorously.
- Lively Representing life; lifelike. "I spied the lively picture of my father."
- Lively With strong resemblance of life. "Thou counterfeitest most lively ."
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
Two-thirds of Canadians live in Quebec and Ontario
- lively Living; endowed with or manifesting life; hence, from a living source; life-given.
- lively Lifelike; representing or resembling life or reality; real; vivid; forcible: as, a lively imitation of nature.
- lively Full of life or energy; active; vigorous; vivacious; brisk; alert: applied to persons or things: as, a lively child; lively faith.
- lively Animated; spirited; sprightly; gay: as, a lively dance; lively conversation.
- lively Fresh; vivid; bright: said of colors and tints.
- lively Riding the sea buoyantly: said of a ship or boat.
- lively In a lifelike manner; with the appearance of reality; semblably.
- lively With life or animation; energetically; vigorously; briskly: as, to act lively.
- lively In golf, base-ball, and similar games, elastic: applied to a ball possessing special elasticity.
Chambers's Twentieth Century Dictionary
There are are roughly 100 million single adults living in the USA
- adj Lively līv′li showing life: vigorous, active: sprightly: spirited: vivid
- adv Lively vivaciously, vigorously
Don't throw bricks when you live in a glass house - Don't call others out on actions that you, yourself do. Don't be a hypocrite.
Earn a living - To make money. Example: We need to get a good job to earn a decent living.
Live and let live - If you live and let live, you accept other people as they are, although they may have a different way of life.
Live high off the hog - If you are living high off the hog, you are living lavishly.
Live wire - A person who is very active, both mentally and physically, is a live wire.
Living over the brush - Living together out of wedlock. "They are living over the brush" originates from a form of marriage when a couple held hands and jumped over a besom to signal their commitment to each other, because they couldn't have a church marriage.
People who live in glass houses should not throw stones - People should not criticize other people for faults that they have themselves.
You are to live, or ought to live, through two generations.
"Aims and Aids for Girls and Young Women" by George Sumner Weaver
We live close together, and we live far apart.
"The Best Short Stories of 1917" by Various
So living, we are dead whilst we live.
"Expositions of Holy Scripture" by Alexander Maclaren
City people rarely live really normal lives.
"Pushing to the Front" by Orison Swett Marden
Her live in a house on de Canaan place, callin' distance from where I live.
"Slave Narratives Vol. XIV. South Carolina, Part 2" by Works Projects Administration
And passing immediately over to the main land, they lived lives of happiness and peace.
"The Myth of Hiawatha, and Other Oral Legends, Mythologic and Allegoric, of the North American Indians" by Henry R. Schoolcraft
If you don't care to live for yourself, live for others.
"The Trail of '98" by Robert W. Service
It was a two story building, and I knew the woman lived upstairs with her husband.
"The Best Short Stories of 1920" by Various
She lives alone, and ekes out a living by taking in washing.
"Slave Narratives: A Folk History of Slavery in the United States" by Work Projects Administration
Anyone who came and had no place to live was welcome to live in this house until they had a home of their own.
"Old Rail Fence Corners" by Various
Hark how they cry aloud still, Crucifie:
It is not fit he live a day, they crie,
Who cannot live lesse than eternally:
Was ever grief like mine?
"The Sacrifice" by George Herbert
How blest are they whom thou hast crowned,
Thy priests — the lords who understand
The deep divinity of sound,
And live their lives in Wonderland!
"To the Spirit of Music" by Henry Kendall
If viewing thee, I sawe thee not,
And seeing thee, I could not love thee:
Dying, I should not live (God wot)
Nor living, should to anger moove thee.
"His Last Replie" by Bartholomew Young
No princely peer, how highly born,
Or woman sweet and beautious fair,
E'er lived, but in their various lives
Have felt its passion, feared its cares.
"Love Is Victor, Love Is King" by Robert C O Benjamin
No wonder then so many die of grief,
So many are so lonely as they die;
No one has yet believed or liked a lie,
Another time has other lives to live.
"Another Time" by W H Auden
We shall be saved, if we believe
In Christ — if not — we shall not live:
He lives, who does on Christ rely —
Who does not trust in Him shall die.
"An Exhortation To Give God Thanks For Our Redemption Through Christ" by Rees Prichard
Bundesliga live scores, statistics, schedules, standings, games, leaders, and features from the leading soccer website FoxSoccer.com Watch FC Schalke 04 vs Fortuna Dusseldorf live Bundesliga Soccer game online with MatchTrax.
Live performance and recording are the band's strength, and it's obvious in our live session.
Rene Ewbank lives off the power grid in Port Angeles, making a living from her business, Fresh Hats, without the need for electricity.
Bundesliga live scores, statistics, schedules, standings, games, leaders, and features from the leading soccer website FoxSoccer.com Watch SpVgg Greuther Furth vs Eintracht Frankfurt live Bundesliga Soccer game online with MatchTrax.
Bundesliga live scores, statistics, schedules, standings, games, leaders, and features from the leading soccer website FoxSoccer.com Watch SpVgg Greuther Furth vs Bayer Leverkusen live Bundesliga Soccer game online with MatchTrax.
Living in Bozeman we tend to live outdoor lifestyles amidst rain, snow and shine but we forget sometimes that we can't be active without our good friend O-2.
CLINTON — Some people live long lives, but don't leave much behind to remember them.
We may not be living in a time of great music drama, but take heart: we are living in a time of great scenery.
It's more about how to best live our lives today.
With its partners, it launched two new major services: ABC News Live, a 24/7 online news broadcast, and MLB.TV—a venture with Major League Baseball to Webcast live video of the league's thousands of games.
All you have to do is follow her diet, live by her newsletter, and dance in your living room.
Live to ride, ride to live.
Bea Hendrix lives at Grace Assisted Living in Meridian and is known both for her sewing and her love of football.
"Marijuana flavored brain, strawberry skull, the Soft Bulletin Recorded Live, a unique playlist and 2 live videos," Coyne tweeted this weekend.
There's a reason the show is called Saturday Night Live, and not Thursday Night Live.
When liveness is concerned, it is often reducible to bounded liveness, which is fundamentally a particular form of safety properties.
EPspectra: A Formal Toolkit for Developing DSP Software Applications
So we can apply the schema Dp to not only supersets B of A living in ¯M but also to sets B ⊇ A living in a proper elementary extension ¯M ′ of ¯M .
On NIP and invariant measures
Tolerance means that for high T one is willing to live among neighbours from a different group, and low T means that he strongly prefers to live among neighbours of his own group.
Urban segregation with cheap and expensive residences
Let f be a live permutation in G and g be a live and self-consistent permutation in G[σf ].
Solving Simple Stochastic Games with Few Random Vertices
According to Pattee, ”epistemic operations like observation, detection, recognition, measurement, and control as the essential type of function” demarcate living from non-living organizations.
Magnetism, FeS colloids, and Origins of Life