- n kingbolt bolt that provides a steering joint in a motor vehicle
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- n Kingbolt A vertical iron bolt, by which the forward axle and wheels of a vehicle or the trucks of a railroad car are connected with the other parts.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- kingbolt A large bolt connecting the fore part of a carriage with the fore axle. The axle rotates about it as a joint “when the carriage is turned.
- kingbolt A large bolt which passes through the truck and body-bolsters and center-plates of a carbody and the center of a truck.
- kingbolt Also kiny-pin.
- n kingbolt An iron rod in a roof- or bridge-truss, used in place of a king-post to prevent the inclined members from allowing an increase of the distance between the tie and the compression pieces.