- n figeater large greenish June beetle of southern United States
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- n Figeater (Zoöl) A large beetle (Allorhina nitida) which in the Southern United States destroys figs. The elytra are velvety green with pale borders.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n figeater An old name given by Willughby to a small bird of Great Britain, supposed to be the garden-warbler, Sylvia hortensis. Also fig-pecker.
- n figeater In entomology, a scarabæoid beetle, Allorhina nitida.
- n figeater A local Australian name of a small passerine bird of the genus Zosterops. Also termed grape-eater.