- n earthnut edible subterranean fungus of the genus Tuber
- n earthnut pod of the peanut vine containing usually 2 nuts or seeds; `groundnut' and `monkey nut' are British terms
- n earthnut a common European plant having edible tubers with the flavor of roasted chestnuts
- n earthnut any of various highly prized edible subterranean fungi of the genus Tuber; grow naturally in southwestern Europe
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- n Earthnut (Bot) A name given to various roots, tubers, or pods grown under or on the ground
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n earthnut The tuberous root of Bunium flexuosum and B. Bulbocastanum, common umbelliferous plants of Europe. See Bunium.
- n earthnut The groundunt, Arachis hypogæa.
- n earthnut The tuber of Cyperus rotundus and some other species of the same genus.