- n checkrein a rein designed to keep the horse's head in the desired position
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
- Checkrein A branch rein connecting the driving rein of one horse of a span or pair with the bit of the other horse.
- Checkrein A short rein looped over the check hook to prevent a horse from lowering his head; -- called also a bearing rein.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n checkrein A short rein joining the bit of one of a span of horses to the driving-rein of the other.
- n checkrein A short rein fastened to the saddle of a harness to keep the horse's head up. See cut under harness.
- n checkrein Also called check and check-line.