Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n oncost Additional costs; extra expenses.
- n oncost In coal-mining, the cost of upkeep, making and maintaining shafts and roads, pumping, etc. The engineers and others employed on this work are paid by time.
- n oncost The indirect expenditure incurred for the purpose of increasing the productive power of organized labor.
- oncost Noting work done on time wages; also, noting men who work on such terms: as, oncost-men.
Chambers's Twentieth Century Dictionary
- n Oncost on′kost all charges for labour in getting mineral, other than the miners' wages: payment to the collier in addition to the rate per ton