Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- mischarge To make error in charging: as, to mischarge items in an account.
- n mischarge A mistake in charging; an erroneous entry in an account.
- n mischarge A mixture of gas and air in an internal-combustion engine, introduced into the cylinder, but not ignited. The charge may fail of ignition either as the result of a governing action, because the speed is too high, or because the mixture was not of the normal proportion of fuel and air. Such mischarges often ignite after leaving the cyliuder either in exhaust-passages or -pipes, or beyond.
Chambers's Twentieth Century Dictionary
- v.t Mischarge mis-chärj′ to charge wrongly: to make an error in an account
- n Mischarge a mistake in charging, as in an account