Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n heelpiece That part of a shoe or stocking which incloses the heel of the foot either beneath or behind, or both; the heel.
- n heelpiece Armor for the heel, especially that part of the solleret which covered the heel and the back of the ankle, and to which the spur was attached.
- heelpiece To furnish with a heel-piece; add an additional heel-piece to, as in repairing.
- n heelpiece In iron ship-building, a short length of angle-bar which is used to connect the heels of the two sections of a frame which meet at the center-line of the vessel.
Chambers's Twentieth Century Dictionary
- Heelpiece a piece or cover for the heel