Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- disappropriate To remove from individual possession or ownership; throw off or aside; get rid of.
- disappropriate Specifically To sever or separate, as an appropriation; withdraw from an appropriate use.
- disappropriate To deprive of appropriated property, as a church; exclude or debar from possession.
- disappropriate Deprived of appropriation; not possessing appropriated church property. In the Church of England a disappropriate church is one from which the appropriated parsonage, glebe, and tithes are severed.
Chambers's Twentieth Century Dictionary
- v.t Disappropriate dis-ap-prō′pri-āt to take away from that to which anything has been appropriated
- adj Disappropriate deprived of appropriation